Friday, April 1, 2011

Captured on the big screen

When I get into a good book, I often times wonder who I would pick to play the main character.  As for the series I'm reading now from C. J. Box, I'm not quiet sure yet who I would have play the various characters.  As much as I love to read Patricia Cornwell, I'm not sure I would like to see those as a made for T.V. movie or even a big screen movie.  There are times when a book comes to life, it can ruin your impression of that character.  There is however, one author who has had her character's come to life on T.V.  I was not aware of this at first as it was years ago that I read one of her books.  I love crime dramas, especially when one of the main character's is a medical examiner.  I stumbled upon one one evening that is on TNT called Rizzoli & Isles.  These character's were brought to life from an author named Tess Gerritsen.  Like I said, I've read only one or two of her books in the past.  In reading the credits during one of the shows, it said that the characters were characters taken from the books by Tess Gerritsen.  After the first episode I was hooked.  

The two main characters are Dr. Maura Isles, medical examiner and detective Jane Rizzoli.  I love the portrayal these two have played out.  I don't know about you, but when I think of a medical examiner, I'm not really picturing someone with stilettos on and designer dresses, although I must say it fits her character well and sure would love to have her sense of style.  Who says you can't look nice even though you are working with dead people all day.  Anyone who can spend 8+ hours on their feet in those things gets an A+ in my book.  When I do get a chance, I would love to go back and read some of her books.  If you haven't seen the show and would like to learn more, follow the link and check it out.  http://www.tnt.tv/series/rizzoliandisles/.


No comments:

Post a Comment