Tuesday, June 25, 2013

What's New



It has been some time since my last post.  Things have been a little crazy lately but I never did stop my reading, it has just taken me twice as long to read any good books.  I have read several since my last Joe Picket book.  I am currently reading a book by Eileen Dreyer called Brain Dead.  I found this for free on the Kindle Fire book app.  I have not finished it but if you are a mystery lover and have an interest in the medical world , I highly recommend this book.  When I do get a chance to read it, I can’t seem to put it down.  I have also met some pretty cool authors on Twitter and have a few of their books waiting in the wings.  One of the authors name is Rick Polad.  The name of his book is called Change of Address.  Although I have not read it yet, it definitely is on my list of books I want to read this year.   This is his first book with another one to come out.  Please, check it out. 

One of the books I am currently reading is by J.A. Jance.  I had it on my bookshelf downstairs to read and decided to pick it up one day.  That was about a week ago and I’m almost finished with it.  I have not been able to put it down (when I do have a chance to read).  With three kids, I don’t always get a chance to read every day, but with them out of school and when I am off, we do set some time aside each day to read for a couple of hours.  I can’t wait to see how this ends.  I did, however, find out yesterday that this was book number two in a series of eight books.  The book that I am currently reading comes from the Ali Reynolds series called Web of Evil.  The first book Edge of Evil is currently on hold at the local library. 

It is so hard now a days to just pick up a new author on the shelf and just read a book that catches your eye, especially with mysteries.  You almost have to go to the library or local book store, look for an author or two and do some research on them to see if their books are a series.  I did this with one pretty known mystery writer that I never heard of at the time and just started reading a few of their books.  Little did I know that they were one of many in a series.  Although it is nice to read a series of books, sometimes I would love to just pick up a book and just read it and not have to worry whether it is in a series or not. 

When I find a good author, such as CJ Box, I did find out his was a series and started at the beginning and just kept reading all of them back to back until I was all caught up.  That was one reason I started this blog and the fact that I have a lot of friends that don’t have time to read but do read my blog posts to feel like they are reading a shorter version. 

I sure hope ya’ll have enjoyed my posts and will try to keep up with more as the summer goes on and as my lists grow daily. 

A couple other books that I have waiting to be read is The Graveyard Speaks by Hunter Shae and Gray Justice by Alan McDermott. 

I would also love to read the whole series of James Patterson as well one day.  Until next time.

Mystery Moon

No comments:

Post a Comment